Six products are available through the Goodfellow Green Production initiative, which aims to provide product quality and reduce carbon footprint. This allows customers to focus on research and product design without compromising on quality and it often serves as a creative catalyst for innovative applications.
The product range includes:
- Lightweight metal foams that reduce energy requirements while retaining the physical characteristics of the metal
- Bio-based and biodegradable polymers derived from renewable resources
- Ceramics that are non-toxic
- Composites that decompose naturally without leaving a trace
- “Green” graphene produced by a unique, chemical-free process
- Lead-free solder that can allow the joining of traditionally challenging materials, without flux
Using these materials will help to reduce the impact non-renewable materials have on the environment and minimise the issues we currently face on trying to save the planet.
For more than 50 years, Goodfellow has been a leading supplier of metals, polymers, ceramics and other materials to meet the needs of science and industry worldwide. The company specialises in supplying small quantities (a few grams to a few kilos) of metals and materials for research, prototype development and specialised manufacturing applications. Standard products can be found online at the comprehensive Goodfellow Catalogue. Custom products and materials in larger quantities are available upon request at email@example.com.