Metal and Plastic Powders in the AM process:
- Recycle and quality issues;
- Contamination and Oxidation issues;
- Standards for AM Powders
- Key H&S issues
Basic introduction to handling processes:
- Hoppers for storage and discharge; flow patterns, principles of reliable flow
- Powder flow properties;
- Pneumatic conveying; key components, features and operating issues;
Characterisation and control of powder properties
- Powder flowability/spreadability measurements;
- Environmental effects;
- Density measurements and particle morphology
Basic overview of powder evolution and quality loss
- Control of flow properties;
- Segregation in processes
- Particle aggregation;
- Powder electrostatics;
- Particle degradation
** New Section** Latest Techniques in Spreadability Testing and Layer Quality Control.
- The new technique and instrument developed to quantify the behaviour of a powder when spreading for Additive Manufacturing;
- A new shadowgraphy technique incorporated, used to quantify powder bed surface roughness;
- How the instrument can determine powder bed relative packing fraction, the change in packing fraction, particle size and shape over the build plate, and to evaluate the electrostatic charges over the powder bed.
The course will run online over 5 sessions between 13:00 and 16:00 hrs UK time; all sessions need to be attended to complete the course.
Each day will provide the opportunity to discuss operational issues with the presenters and other delegates.
Find out more and register here: https://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/am